A corruption of “Terrier de Saint Félix”, the “Tré de Saint Flix” refers to a natural cave located within a wetland area. Having long been used to store agricultural tools, when the cave was enlarged some human bones were discovered, including a number of skulls. Excavated in 1898, the remains of 50 individuals were identified, along with flint and bone tools and fragments of earthenware vessels. Excavations carried out in 1922 led to the discovery of a number of other objects, including some bone beads. This turned out to be the site of a communal burial ground dating from the late Neolithic period.
Popular tradition attributed it to Saint Félix, the incumbent of the local parish church. There are several saints called Félix; this one is probably the holy martyr from Gerona in Spain, who lived towards the end of the 3rd century and who was martyred at the beginning of the 4th century.
This circuit is one of 10 circuits known collectively as "Le Tré de Saint Flix", located in the Sillars, Pindray and Lussac-les-Châteaux area.
- Difference in height
- 114.21 m
- 114 meters of difference in height